The countdown is on for the long 4th of July weekend (can you feel our excitement?!) Whether your plans consist of hitting the beach or a rooftop bbq, here are a few of our tips for a fun and relaxing celebration.
Drink Up: Beat the heat with a refreshing seasonal cocktail
- Strawberry Basil Lemonade: A classic combination that’s perfectly refreshing.
- Berryoska Revolution: Nobody wants to spend time at a barbecue mixing 10 ingredients. This one looks simple and delicious!
- Sangria Salute: Hosting is so much easier when the drinks are pre-made in a pitcher
Snack Time: Keep the fun going with a few indulgent treats
- Toast the 4th with classic outdoor Americana- capture the vibe with a fun s’more bar!
- Beat the heat with a batch of red, white, and blue popsicles (pre-made also work just fine 🙂
Dress to Impress: Whatever your plans include, we’re opting for red, white, blue, and light layering.
- An easy pull on dress can go all weekend day and night
- Beach cover up or bbq, everyone needs a broken in pair of cut-offs.
- Beat the evening chill, and mosquitos with a chic outer layer.
- Your own variation of this mani, because when else can you get away with it?!
Have a wonderful 4th of July, and we’ll see you back here Monday!
This week we asked our office to choose their favorite current piece from Ali Ro, and where they plan to wear it. Clearly our office has vacation and warm weekends on the brain! See our first installment of office favorites here.
Beach Bound: The official beach escape for New Yorkers, a weekend in the Hamptons is a summer ritual. Our Barossa dress is the perfect balance of preppy and sexy, our choice for a bonfire on the beach or brunch by the sand.
Cheers to You: Between wedding brunches, birthday parties, graduations, and just-for-the-fun-of-it get togethers, we have more than a few cocktail parties on our schedule. We love how the Celia has evening sparkle, with a loose fit so we can hit the appetizer tray for seconds.Food & Friends: The temptation to grab friends for an al fresco dinner in the city will never get old. This dress is our pick for a casual dinner with the girls and a bottle of prosecco.
If you’re like us, you started counting the days until Memorial Day weekend on Monday! Our plans include heading to the beach, soaking up the sun, and taking in our fair share of summer snacks and cocktails. Before you jet out of town for the weekend, here are a few ideas to help plan an amazing kick off to summer.
1. Prep Your Feet: Grab a new pair of summer sandals, and get a pedi to match! As soon as the weather turned warm we couldn’t help but show off our fresh pedis and staggering wedges.
2. Sun Smarts: Find a flattering sun hat. If you plan on lounging all day on the beach, you need to find the perfect hat to shade the rays and flatter your outfit, as well as slather on SPF.
3. Fake Bake: Now is the time to give yourself a little pre-weekend glow. You’ll thank us when you slip into your sundress on Saturday! (This is our pick for getting a natural looking base.)
4. Mix It Up: If you’re playing hostess this weekend, spend some time perfecting an easy yet impressive signature drink. Bonus points if you incorporate summery fruit flavors!
5. Multitask: Find your weekend dress. Sure there is a dress for every occasion, but we’re on the hunt for the dress that will take us from brunch to barbecue to bonfire without missing a beat. This one is at the top of the list.
6. Signature Sunnies: Find the perfect pair of shades to flatter you face and attitude- heart specs are welcome!
7. Hot Weather Hair: There are few things more uncomfortable in the summer heat than standing under a blow dryer. Opt for a cute braided due, or swept back bun. Plus why not throw on a fun headband or these adorable pins to tame flyaways!
On the list of things we love about spring, quirky, bright manis are at the top along with with flirty sundresses, outdoor brunches, and longer nights. While some of these are definitely on the more “advanced” side, we love the idea of getting mani matchy with our spring wardrobe.
Geometric: Some fancy tape work will help get straight edges, and the colors perfectly reflect this plum pattern.
OPI – Sweet Memories
Essie – Playdate
Butter – Union Jack Black
Studded: A caviar nail kit is key for this studded mani, but some chunky glitter from the drugstore can get a similar result. East Hampton is a perfect match for our Isla dress.
Essie – East Hampton Cottage
NARS – Versailles
Stripes: This sweet nautical dress gets a funky complement with an off beat mani. We love the mix of glitter and stripes in this one!
Sephora by OPI – Robin Egg Blue
Deborah Lippmann – Stardust
Essie – Blanc
When it comes to DIY projects, at best we’re amateurs. We love the idea of bedazzling our necklines and covering our arms handmade baubles, but more often than not, we end up with a glue gun disaster. However, this spring we’re willing to give it another shot with a few new projects from our fav DIY bloggers that pair perfectly with these new arrivals.
- These amazing jeweled flats by Glitter ‘N Glue blogger, Kristen, are a must try.
- We’re hoping to successfully make piles of these bracelets from Grace at Stripes and Sequins, just in time for music festival season. (How cute are they with this sundress?)
- Love these eye catching tassel earrings from the talented ladies at Honestly WTF (a perfect match with this punchy dress.)
- Simple and sweet, we’re itching to get this little heart ring on our finger from Jenni at I Spy DIY.
Right about now, when you itching to throw away all of your tights, but at the same time grabbing a bottle of Jergens, now is when we’re ready for a getaway. We fondly remember spring break when we were in school, and even now we think everyone deserves a little fun in the sun when the weather breaks. Here are a few trips we’re dreaming about, and of course what we would bring along for the ride!
City Adventure: Whether it’s an hour away, or around the world, there is nothing like exploring a brand new city! It’s completely refreshing, and great way to recharge your mind. We would pack our running gear to take in the view from the nearest river side running path. Platforms are a must for navigating unfamiliar streets, and of course a large tote to hold everything we pick up along the way. Marguerite is our top choice for tagging along on this city adventure – breezy for hot weather, chic and unfussy for comfort , and dressy enough for cocktails at a sidewalk cafe.
Seaside Escape: When it comes down to it, who isn’t longing for a little fun in the sun at this point?! Whether this is the trip you’ve been planning for months, or a spontaneous drive to the shore, we vote for minimal packing in large tote. Flat sandals work for walking the boardwalk and the sand. A bikini is a must, as is a reliable bottle of SPF. Our Marit tank dress (in both this beautiful watercolor and whimsical butterfly print) is the perfect grab and go dress.Nightlife Getaway: When you need to unwind, what’s better than a beach side town with plenty of opportunities to dance under the stars? For day we would grab our favorite cut-offs and a slouchy tee for a long, lazy brunch. For this trip our SPF has a bronzy tint, and our sandals a metallic sheen – perfect for a quick change into our sparkly Isola or ruffled Loano dress.
Meet Rene, one of our favorite new styles for spring. She is just as easy as our classic throw on jersey, but with a preppy edge. Who doesn’t love a henley, plus we can’t get over the adorable pocket detail! She is available in two funky paisley prints (the perfect way to balance out the classic shift shape) or this amazing textured waffle knit.