If you’re like us, you started counting the days until Memorial Day weekend on Monday! Our plans include heading to the beach, soaking up the sun, and taking in our fair share of summer snacks and cocktails. Before you jet out of town for the weekend, here are a few ideas to help plan an amazing kick off to summer.
1. Prep Your Feet: Grab a new pair of summer sandals, and get a pedi to match! As soon as the weather turned warm we couldn’t help but show off our fresh pedis and staggering wedges.
2. Sun Smarts: Find a flattering sun hat. If you plan on lounging all day on the beach, you need to find the perfect hat to shade the rays and flatter your outfit, as well as slather on SPF.
3. Fake Bake: Now is the time to give yourself a little pre-weekend glow. You’ll thank us when you slip into your sundress on Saturday! (This is our pick for getting a natural looking base.)
4. Mix It Up: If you’re playing hostess this weekend, spend some time perfecting an easy yet impressive signature drink. Bonus points if you incorporate summery fruit flavors!
5. Multitask: Find your weekend dress. Sure there is a dress for every occasion, but we’re on the hunt for the dress that will take us from brunch to barbecue to bonfire without missing a beat. This one is at the top of the list.
6. Signature Sunnies: Find the perfect pair of shades to flatter you face and attitude- heart specs are welcome!
7. Hot Weather Hair: There are few things more uncomfortable in the summer heat than standing under a blow dryer. Opt for a cute braided due, or swept back bun. Plus why not throw on a fun headband or these adorable pins to tame flyaways!
The unofficial kick off to summer- aka Memorial Day is next weekend! Whether this means heading to the beach or a backyard barbecue, delicious seasonal food is crucial to making the weekend a true summer welcome. One of our favorite menus? A delicious Clam Boil! Our favorite is thrown in one pot in the backyard with sand at our feet, but we also found this more refined option which sounds tempting. The countdown is on!
- For an authentic clam boil we normally layer the clam in a pot with potatos, sausage and a splash of sea water (it’s authentic!) As a city friendly alternative, this white wine version sounds delicious, and indoor friendly.
- If you’re near the ocean next weekend, why not include lobster in the party! This is a great tutorial to make lobster less intimidating.
- Must have side dish: potato salad
- A delicious update on pasta salad
- Of course corn on the cob has to be included! Make extra of this delicious herb butter for dipping the seafood!
Every menu needs a signature cocktail, and this summer infused gin and tonic sounds perfect! What are your plans for Memorial Day Weekend?
– Start the day off with a fun brunch including classic mimosas, or this delicious sounding ginger, basil, grapefruit twist, courtesy of Joylicious.
– Our mom rarely takes time for herself, so gift her with some fun treats that encourage R&R. This candle smells amazing, and is perfect for a bubble bath.
– Flowers are a no-brainer gift, yet they make everyone feel special. You could order from a florist (there are plenty of deals still going on!) or head to the flower district to put together your own personal mix.
-Personal luxuries that she will never buy herself are the perfect treat to present on Sunday morning. This ultra comfortable robe will make any night in feel much more luxurious.
– A girl’s day doesn’t get any more classic than a spa day. Check out your local specials, or whip up some at home specialties like this ultra moisturizing mask.
– We’re dying to check out the ultimate fashion documentary this weekend, and we’re sure mom would love it too, followed by an indulgent lunch!
Happy Mother’s Day to all of the moms, and thank you for everything you do!
It’s officially anorak weather! One half of our favorite Everygirl team, Danielle, shared a glimpse of her anorak with us on Instagram this week, and now we want to see how you’re styling it. Are you sticking with a classic in Black or Putty, or sporting a new spring color like Red Hot or Grenada (one of our new favorites!) Share your #AliRoStyle with us on Instagram @AliRoStyle, and have a great spring weekend!
If you aren’t already, this weekend is the perfect time to start following us on Instagram. Sometimes we share gorgeous outift shots (like Ashley wearing our Isla dress– love!), a favorite new arrival, or some behind the scenes shots (not that we would ever do this on Friday at 5!) We’ve officially given winter the boot, so expect to see some new spring favorites paired with tights and jacket to brave the chill!
The unofficial meal of New York City is brunch, and for the city that never sleeps, we are more than willing to wake up relatively early for a long leisurely meal complete with a bubbly mimosa. Whether it’s a leisurely Easter Brunch complete with family and a spring dress, or plate of eggs paired with dark shades and your girlfriends, here are a few of our favorite brunch spots around the city…
- Peels: The southern inspired hot spot on the Bowery is also a favorite for a homey brunch.
- Rosemary’s: The new West Village favorite has a delicious Italian brunch, and a special menu available for Easter Sunday (who doesn’t want a plate of pasta pre-chocolate bunny!)
- La Bonbonniere: A low key go – to, this diner/dive offers the best pastrami, egg, and cheese in the city.
- Jacob’s Pickles: Head to the Upper West Side to wake up with homemade biscuits.
- The Smith: The delightful Lincoln Center location can satisfy a group with every thing from savory eggs to something sweet (vanilla bean french toast?!)
- Artisinal: For a celebratory brunch, we love the French Bistro vibe of Artisinal, also hosting an Easter special.
By day we may spend our time in the heart of the fashion district, but on the weekends we love to step out and explore all that this city has to offer. Last weekend our co-worker took a quick subway ride into Brooklyn for a day full of brunch, exploring, and a few breweries. Here are a few of her favorite stops…
11am: Start the day with friends over a latte, mimosa, classic bloody mary or a craft beer of your choice while enjoying the architectural detail of the Reynard Restaurant at the Wythe Hotel. On your way out, stop by the rooftop and enjoy the most remarkable view of Manhattan.
12:30pm: Head over to The Bedford in Williamsburg for a delicious brunch.
2:30pm: Walk off your meal by heading to the famous Brooklyn Brewery.
4pm: Hail a cab to Old Brewers Road in Bushwick for some prohibition era history, beginning with Otto Huber’s Brewery.
6pm: Before heading back to the city on the subway, stop by Barcade for Happy Hour.
We are serious about our skin care in the office, but there is nothing wrong with a little fake bake when the weather gets warm. This is especially true when baring a little skin in our gorgeous new Barossa dress! We love Minka Kelly’s loose locks and bronzed glow, and think it’s perfect low key look to welcome spring. We adore this bronzer for it’s natural glow paired with a pinkish/nude lip, and can’t find anything but rave reviews a clamp free hair wand guaranteeing a summer full of bombshell waves.