If you’re like us, you started counting the days until Memorial Day weekend on Monday! Our plans include heading to the beach, soaking up the sun, and taking in our fair share of summer snacks and cocktails. Before you jet out of town for the weekend, here are a few ideas to help plan an amazing kick off to summer.
1. Prep Your Feet: Grab a new pair of summer sandals, and get a pedi to match! As soon as the weather turned warm we couldn’t help but show off our fresh pedis and staggering wedges.
2. Sun Smarts: Find a flattering sun hat. If you plan on lounging all day on the beach, you need to find the perfect hat to shade the rays and flatter your outfit, as well as slather on SPF.
3. Fake Bake: Now is the time to give yourself a little pre-weekend glow. You’ll thank us when you slip into your sundress on Saturday! (This is our pick for getting a natural looking base.)
4. Mix It Up: If you’re playing hostess this weekend, spend some time perfecting an easy yet impressive signature drink. Bonus points if you incorporate summery fruit flavors!
5. Multitask: Find your weekend dress. Sure there is a dress for every occasion, but we’re on the hunt for the dress that will take us from brunch to barbecue to bonfire without missing a beat. This one is at the top of the list.
6. Signature Sunnies: Find the perfect pair of shades to flatter you face and attitude- heart specs are welcome!
7. Hot Weather Hair: There are few things more uncomfortable in the summer heat than standing under a blow dryer. Opt for a cute braided due, or swept back bun. Plus why not throw on a fun headband or these adorable pins to tame flyaways!
The unofficial kick off to summer- aka Memorial Day is next weekend! Whether this means heading to the beach or a backyard barbecue, delicious seasonal food is crucial to making the weekend a true summer welcome. One of our favorite menus? A delicious Clam Boil! Our favorite is thrown in one pot in the backyard with sand at our feet, but we also found this more refined option which sounds tempting. The countdown is on!
- For an authentic clam boil we normally layer the clam in a pot with potatos, sausage and a splash of sea water (it’s authentic!) As a city friendly alternative, this white wine version sounds delicious, and indoor friendly.
- If you’re near the ocean next weekend, why not include lobster in the party! This is a great tutorial to make lobster less intimidating.
- Must have side dish: potato salad
- A delicious update on pasta salad
- Of course corn on the cob has to be included! Make extra of this delicious herb butter for dipping the seafood!
Every menu needs a signature cocktail, and this summer infused gin and tonic sounds perfect! What are your plans for Memorial Day Weekend?