Next Thursday is the unofficial holiday of all things sweet, love filled and pink, which gives us the perfect excuse to pop a handful of sugary sweets, wear extra bright lipstick, throw on something red (or pink) and spend quality time with favorite romantic comedies. Whether you will be sharing Valentine’s Day with a special someone, or joining your best friends for a girl’s night out, here are a few ideas to make the 14th your best Valentine’s Day yet.
- Throw subtlety aside and paint your nails the brightest shade of red. Essie’s Snap Happy is one of our favorites.
- This day ranks with Halloween as the best candy holiday. Treat yourself to a bag full of hearts and a heart shape box of Russell Stover.
- Did you catch Tuesday’s episode of The Mindy Project? Either way rent it on Thursday and spend the night laughing.
- Pair your lipstick with your mani for a double dose of romantic make up. You could also switch it up with a coral or poppy shade.
- It’s easy for Valentine’s Day to feel like an overdose of cheesiness. Dress it down by pairing a gorgeous party dress with a slightly disheveled ‘do, or wear a more casual dress with a glamorous, full top knot. This fishtail chignon is so pretty!
- Chocolate eclairs- need we say more? (Thanks Martha!)
- We’ll take Carolina’s lesson in “Manology” by looking stunning in our Roxy dress! (Throw on a faux fur coat for a winter-appropriate look next week!)
- Leave your special someone (or yourself, roommate, or puppy!) a sweet note signed with a timeless lipstick smooch.
- Check out our Pinterest board for more love-filled ideas and have a fabulous weekend!